Re: What the Tsunami Dredged Up (off topic)

My old Oceanography Professor used to tease the class by saying "If
all the water goes out, do not run down the beach to stare at the
strange and suddenly flopping fish. Run AWAY."

I have thought about that quite a bit these last weeks. He was
'almost' but not quite kidding us all - little did he know....

In southeast Asia at least, this didn't happen, however. The... umm... part of the wave with a positive height arrived first. This is clearly seen in the two or so videotapes that have been shown on TV.