Re: What the Tsunami Dredged Up (off topic)

From: "David Marjanovic" <david.marjanovic@gmx.at>

> In southeast Asia at least, this didn't happen, however. The... umm...
part
> of the wave with a positive height arrived first. This is clearly seen in
> the two or so videotapes that have been shown on TV.

What is the time span between when the water recedes from the beach and when
the first wave breaks? I've heard that's it something like a couple hours,
but I really don't know how accurate that is. Depending on the time between
the two, it might not appear on the videotape footage.

I've read/heard  some accounts of where people were stuck out on boats when
the water started behaving strangely becoming all swirlly and what not,
which I am told is indicative of the water receding. Another report
supposedly has a young girl, who has just recently learned of Tsunamis at
school, warning her mother about  the receding water and thus being able to
evacuate the resort in time.