Development question

I asked this last month but never received any replies. So, I thought I'd pitch
it again since I haven't really foudn much information...

I need to figure out how to explain the developmental aspect of the avian
furcula. The wishbone is a non-endocartilarinous element that develops as a
connective tissue precursor with no cartilage present. However, our clavicle
does develop with both a cartilaginous and connective tissue precursors. Does
this imply the same for theropods and birds? I do not know. Can anyone help me
out?

Thanks
Kris
http://hometown.aol.com/saurierlagen/Paleo-Photography.html