RE: Need something to mount a coupla little fossils

Phil:

Good call.

Sculpy is the name of the product.  (I have some - you can find it at
most Craft stores or Art Supply stores).  Comes in all sorts of colors
and finishes (even some that look like granite or marble!).  And you can
paint it if you want.  Sculpy is relatively inexpensive (You can get a
kit with a dozen colors for around $10 [USD]).

I know someone who has made some beautiful scale models of various
dinosaurs from Sculpy (including a full body (including tail) sauropod
that was so large that it wouldn't fit in his oven).  Some people get
something to make impressions to show scales on the skin - my friend
insisted on carving each scale on the 30+" (~75 cm) long sauropod.
Artists! :-)

Briefly returning to my previous answer suggesting Riker mounts - the
mounts range in size from 2" x 3" (.5" thick) up to 30" x 40".  These
can sometimes be found at Craft or Art Supply stores (I've found them at
Michaels and at A.C. Moore's).  Again, I'm not sure of prices.

Allan Edels

Eliminate annoying spam!

My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster.
http://www.ihatespam.net