Re: P/T extinction linked to global warming

<<"Recent"? *L.* is best known from the ETr, where it is the one dominant
terrestrial species worldwide. Do you mean something else?>>

I'd imagine so.  Lystrosaurus is reputed to account for about 90% of all
terrestrial vertebrate fossils from the Lystrosaurus-zone of Karroo, and
that's Lower Triassic.  From what I've read, the story's similar from
Russia, Antarctica and elsewhere.  It was very fashionable immediately after
the mass-extinction event(s).