Re: Cretaceous Duck Ruffles Feathers

"But these people don't believe whatever caused the mass extinction had any
affect on the birds, and that seems ludicrous."

Wow. Did Feduccia even read the paper?

I wonder...

I don't know, however, if he now accepts the Galloanseres hypothesis. In his book ducks are, you know, derived from unspecified shorebirds, which could (!) mean he thinks they're rather derived within Neornithes. This in turn would mean *Vegavis* implies more neornithean diversification to have happened in the K than we think.