Re: P/T extinction linked to global warming

--- K and T Dykes <ktdykes@arcor.de> wrote:

> <<"Recent"? *L.* is best known from the ETr, where
> it is the one dominant
> terrestrial species worldwide. Do you mean something
> else?>>
>
> I'd imagine so.

  I was trying to call attention to a study by
Froebisch and Reisz indicating that "multiple
dicynodont lineages cross the Permo-Triassic boundary,
and these include Myosaurus, Lystrosaurus,Kannemeyeria
as well as Kombuisia. This pattern is paralleled by
other groups such as diapsids and procolophonoids,
supporting a higher estimation of survivorship across
the Permo-Triassic Boundary than previously
suggested." How does this affect our view of the
severity of the extinction and possible agencies
involved?