Re: P/T extinction linked to global warming

 I was trying to call attention to a study by
Froebisch and Reisz indicating that "multiple
dicynodont lineages cross the Permo-Triassic boundary,
and these include Myosaurus, Lystrosaurus,Kannemeyeria
as well as Kombuisia. This pattern is paralleled by
other groups such as diapsids and procolophonoids,
supporting a higher estimation of survivorship across
the Permo-Triassic Boundary than previously
suggested." How does this affect our view of the
severity of the extinction and possible agencies
involved?

Looks like survival rates of terrestrial animals were higher than we thought 10 years ago, and higher than those of marine animals. This latter part is consistent with oceanic anoxia.

Personally, I'm waiting for the paper on the Bedout crater.