Re: Vegavis gen. nov. - new anseriform in today's Nature

At 06:54 PM 1/24/2005, John Bois wrote:
And I have explained that there is _no_ information on population sizes
from the K/T.  For all we know, the surviving populations of "ducks" and
"chickens" were huge!

Actually, how much do we know about enantiornithine diversity at the KT? Perhaps they were already on the way out (or perhaps a few survived for a while, perhaps on islands somewhere, and we just haven't found their remains yet.....)

Ronald Orenstein
1825 Shady Creek Court
Mississauga, ON L5L 3W2
Canada