Re: Vegavis gen. nov. - new anseriform in today's Nature

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronald Orenstein" <ron.orenstein@rogers.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 1:55 AM

Actually, how much do we know about
enantiornithine diversity at the KT?

Very, very little. There's *Avisaurus* in the Hell Creek Fm, known from an isolated tarsometatarsus, and that was it... oh, there's something somewhere in southern France, undescribed and probably somewhat older.

Perhaps they were already on the way out
(or perhaps a few survived for a while, perhaps on
islands somewhere, and we just haven't found their remains yet.....)

While I think these assumptions are not most parsimonious, there's so far nothing to rule them out.