Re: P/T extinction linked to global warming

<However... what if the dicynodont maxilla is actually a ceratopsian
premaxilla? Even without *Serendipaceratops*, this would be less bizarre
than a K dicynodont.>

  Well, for starters, the authors of the study, Thulborn and Turner, note
that the bone (identified as a maxilla) has a large procumbent tusk in it,
lacking in any dinosaur save *Heterodontosaurus.* The CT anatomy shows
herring-bone banding of dentine with a characteristic interface seen also
in *Dinodontosaurus.* Similar, as noted nearly identical maxillae are
known from Antarctica and are accepted as dicynodont, including referral
to *Lystrosaurus.* There is no side of a lateral or ventral tomus to
indicate the prescence of a near-concordant cutting edge with the bone,
either rostral or caudal to the tusk. In it's anatomy, it appears to
perfectly coincide with dicynodont anatomy.

  I have the paper if anyone is interested.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden