Been there, seen it (exhibition of Jan Sovak's paintings)

Good day,
I've just returned from the long anticipated exhibition of compatriot (living
in Canada from 1982)Jan Sovak's paleo-paintings here in Eastern Bohemia museum
in Hradec Kralove. Around 50 paintings from which about half are rarely seen
and 2 completely new, never seen before (illustrations of the only known czech
pterosaur _Ornithocheirus hlavatchi_ and a giant paleoniscoid fish ....can't
recall it's name ;o( Anyhow, I loved the paintings of *Gorgosaurus* and
*Carcharodontosaurus*, also *Amargasaurus* looked very nice. Paintings of
*Stegosaurus*, *Montanoceratops*, *Barosaurus*, *Sinosauropteryx* or a "T. rex"
were very impressive, too. There were also nice paintings of invertebrates,
like giant Ephemera-relative *Meganeura monyi* of the czech Carboniferous
period. From the fossils displayed here, the only dinosaurian footprint ever
found here was the most interesting item (photo included - please excuse the
reduced quality as it was taken by my mobile phone camera). Dr. Turek of
National Museum in Prague (one of the organisers) told me that he personally
doesn't give it much credit, as it's just an isolate find. But it's obviously
coelurosaurian. It's late Triassic in age and thus contemporanious with the
*Coelophysis bauri* finds from the Ghost range locality of NM. Pitty there
wasn't the only dinosaur bone (Nov 2003) from here (Iguanodontidae inc. sed.).
Nice experience, however. Vlad
http://www.seznam.cz - e-mailová schránka 1000 MB
*    This Mail List at USC.EDU only accepts PLAIN TEXT    *