About abelisaurs

As I'm trying to figure out the likely methods of attack various lineages of theropods may have used, I find myself contemplating on the the abelisaurs. I've read that the lower jaw of at least Carnotaurus seems 'weakly' built with more slender than usual teeth. To me, it would seem that the jaws may not have been the best method of attack. But the arms are atrophied as if attempting to make a two-legged snake. .
Which brings me to the feet. Noting the strange structure of the foremost caudal vertebra, perhaps this may have been an adaptation to balancing on the tail while striking with the toe claws. . Are toe claws known for abelisaurs?
I was originally thinking that they may have been leapers, leaping and ripping at the fleshy necks of sauropods, a feat for which they would not have needed particularly strong jaws. Perhaps the 'wing'-shaped dorsal vertebrae were an adaptation for withstanding the stress to the backbone when landing from these leaps. .
Also, I've noticed that the cranial morphology of abelisaurs(Carnotaurus at least), compared to all other predators in the animal kingdom, most closely resembles piranhas[albeit superficially]. .
Thoughts?

BTW, watching the Alpha's Egg episode of Dinosaur Planet, did anyone else notice that they had Carcharodontosaurs attacking the sauropods in South America? Last I checked, Carcharodontosaurus is from Africa, Giganotosaurus is from South America. LOL