RE: Wikipedia and Wikispecies

Demetrios Vital wrote:

Further, there is Wikispecies, which is an attempt to catalogue every
known species to have ever existed, for anybody to access.  This is a
big task,

No kidding. It sounds like a very laudable goal. However, I hope NEW genera and species do not make their first appearance at this website. That could make things very confusing. The ICZN does not recognize websites as a valid method of publishing new species - and I couldn't agree more.