Re: why 'Martians' should be bipeds (some WoW spoiler)

In a message dated 7/1/2005 3:14:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
david.marjanovic@gmx.at writes:

<< > They were unprotected and apparently naive about life's littlest
denizens.
 > Even in the late 60s we were cautious enough to quarantine our astronauts
 > [...]

 Which was of course rather silly. >>

In hindsight, we might say that--but in 1969, would you have been willing to
take the chance, however remote, that some unknown agent from the Moon
wouldn't have survived? It seems to me that 3 weeks quarantine (for Apollo XI &
XII,
IIRC) was a small insurance premium to pay, given this was our first venture
to another world.

Chip
www.geocities.com/vorompatra