Fossil Stomach Contents in Marine Environments

Have been reading Everhart's extremely cool "Oceans of Kansas" book, and I could not help but note the frequent references to "fish in a fish" fossils, or more generally fossils with preserved stomach contents. Am I correct in inferring that fossils like this are more common in a marine environment? If so, why? Because meals are more likely to be swallowed whole? Or not?

Cheers,

M.J.Murphy