Re: Yonghesuchus, was Shuvosaurus

Earlier I wrote:

The Proterochampsidae lies outside of whatever is left of the
Archosauriformes. You'll find they nest in a continuum from Youngina -
Choristodera - Proterochampsidae - Doswellia  - Parasuchia.

D. Marjanovic wrote:

That's a very strange assemblage.

> [...]

DM: Are you sure you've included all proposed
apomorphies of Archosauriformes as characters in your analysis?

DM: Perhaps -- perhaps -- worse yet: if you don't find Lepidosauromorpha and
Archosauromorpha as sistergroups to the exclusion of *Youngina*, then you need
to postulate that the "diapsid" middle ear evolved twice.

And if you have good material on Youngina, please point the way~!  This is a
taxon that needs more study. Broom's illustrations are not up to modern par.

David Peters
St. Louis