Re: where have all the etc.

Dear David M. and group:

I have about 6 Wiens papers. This was covered earlier in DML. However,
with the possibility that I don't have the right paper, send that work
or ref and I'll look it over.

I  understand your concerns. Bootstrap values are not high between
Youngina and Parasuchia, but in most cases over 50. Considering that
most of the taxa in this grouping are skulls, and many are missing the
premaxilla, palate, and occiput, it's not unreasonable to find low
values. It is probably the crappiest part of the cladogram in terms of
quality data. (The literature is also poor in this part of town because,
apparently, no one has been studying this stuff). And there is great
attraction to the other archosauriforms.

David wrote: " it's strange how all your analyses seem to find one
tree."

>>>.I don't stop until they do. PAUP has a great way of weeding out
misinterpretation. It's called loss of resolution. Make no mistake, I've
had dozens of trees in my cladogram, but that has often been caused by
errors. In other instances, convergence (as in snakes, legless lizards
and amphisbaenians) takes a toll, but these _can_ be understood.

David wrote: Should I send you Müller's paper & supp. inf., or do you
have those? That would be a matter of a minute or two for me.

>>>Müller has written quite a bit and I have a few of his papers. Send a
title or ref first so you don't waste your modem's time. If I don't have
what you're thinking of, I'll gladly let you know.

Regarding your theropod cladogram: Luckily for you, others have also
been working on this problem. Although I'm sure you'll want to solve
this problem on your own, if you wish, send me the sticky points OFFLIST
and I'll see if I can discover something for you.

Best wishes all,

David Peters
St. Louis