To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 7:39 PM
Subject: Killer Pterosaurs?

Hi everyone.
I'm doing some advanced work for a video project and would like your opinions on the following.

If I proposed a theory that Pterosaurs were a carrier of, and had immunity to, a disease that was fatal to dinosaurs, and this disease played a partial role in the extinction of dinosaurs in the Late Cretaceous. Could you please give me your opinions as to the plausibility of such an idea? And if you find it implausible, could you please tell me why.

I realize that fossilized evidence of disease is rare, and so there may not be much evidence for support or nonsupport of such a theory, but I was hoping you could give me your personal opinions on this.

Thanks.
George