Re: Nemegtia barsboldi

I believe this is the specimen that inspired "Ronaldoraptor" on p. 134 of Gee & Rey's _A Field Guide to Dinosaurs_

Can't comment on that, as I haven't seen that book, but I didn't mention that this specimen has seen press before: it's GIN 100/2112, formerly PC 100/2112, described as a new specimen of _Ingenia_ in:

Lü, J., Dong, Z., Azuma, Y., Barsbold, R., and Tomida, Y. 2002. Oviraptorosaurs compared to birds. In: Z. Zhou, and F. Zhang (eds.), Proceedings of the 5th Symposium of the Society of Avian Paleontology and Evolution, Beijing, 1-4 June 2000. pp. 175-189. Science Press, Beijing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jerry D. Harris
Director of Paleontology
Dixie State College
Science Building
225 South 700 East
St. George, UT 84770
Phone: (435) 652-7758
Fax: (435) 656-4022
E-mail: jharris@dixie.edu
and dinogami@hotmail.com
http://cactus.dixie.edu/jharris/
An expert is a man who has made all
the mistakes that can be made in a very
narrow field. -- Niels Bohr
After one look at this planet any visitor
from outer space would say "I want to
see the manager." -- William Burroughs