Thalassocnus...the naked sloth?

I'm allmost sure most people on this list have heard about the Thalassocnus species series. These nothrotheriid xenarthrans evolved from terrestrial herbivores into (semi-)marine seacow-lookalikes,complete with the broad snouts.

Now I wonder, would this convergence have gone as far as these fascinating critters being hairless like a seacow? I wonder especially about the later species as I'm quite sure the most basal ones were still hairy.

I do not know wether I find the idea of a naked ground sloth very pleasant though..

Brian