Re: Nemegtia barsboldi

Tom Holtz (tholtz@geol.umd.edu) wrote:

<<I believe this is the specimen that inspired "Ronaldoraptor" on p. 134 of Gee
& Rey's _A Field Guide to Dinosaurs_>>

to which Jerry Harris (jharris@dixie.edu) replied:

<Can't comment on that, as I haven't seen that book, but I didn't mention that
this specimen has seen press before:  it's GIN 100/2112, formerly PC 100/2112,
described as a new specimen of _Ingenia_ in:>

  I can comment on this, as the skulls are entirely different, having seen
casts of the "ronaldo" bit. This is a skull that Lü mentioned way back and is
finally getting described. In the selfsame paper, Lü mentioned a specimen of
oviraptorsaur from Guangdong Province that is named as a new taxon in his
thesis, and so obviously, there's more ovi-goodness coming. Not to mention the
2-4 other "new taxa" currently residing in private hands that I KNOW about. I
have Lü's figure of the skull if anyone is intrested in seeing the thing.

  Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden

Sell on Yahoo! Auctions ? no fees. Bid on great items.
http://auctions.yahoo.com/