Re: Remember the Alamosaurus (was RE: taxonomy is not stratigraphy)

  Let's hope the
> type material for
> _Alamosaurus sanjuanensis_ is diagnostic...

When alamosaurus was described, the holotype material
was diagnostic. But a scapula (holotype) and (possibly
associated) ischium (paratype), are now
indistinguishable from all sorts of other Late K
titanosaurs.

Furthermore, there is observable variation in N.Am
'Alamosaurus' material from within the same formation,
that may suggest different species.

Denver.