From: Tim Williams <twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Killer pterosaurs, scifi angle --- further adrift.....
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:49:53 -0500

Christian Darkin wrote:

perhaps Adric had a cold? - or maybe it was cyber-flu

Or Alzarian flu?

Allan Edels wrote:

Also, Dr. Who had an explanation for the destruction of the dinosaurs - the Cybermen tried to crash a very large spaceship into eath, but one of the doctor's companions (Adric) sacrificed himself in order to cause the crashing ship to go back in time over 65 million years, thereby killing off the dinosaurs. (See, it wasn't a meteor of asteroid or comet that hit the Yucatan, it was a very large spaceship! :-).

The first episode of this story ("Earthshock") also featured a dinosaur skeleton in an underground cavern. The story begins with a military expedition investigating the massacre of a team of paleontologists in the cavern!

Also, it was my recollection that Adric didn't actually cause the spaceship to go back in time; he was trying to steer the ship off course. The ship traveled back in time as an unintended consequence of the cybermen meddling with the ship's controls. I think.

Cheers

Tim