Re: taxonomy is not stratigraphy (was Re: JVP 25(2): New Dinos, Birds, Discoveries)

> Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:07:31 +0100 (BST)
> From: Denver Fowler <df9465@yahoo.co.uk>
>
>> For example, _Tyrannosaurus_ was a very large theropod, but
>> _Alamosaurus_ was not that impressive by sauropod standards.
>
> Well now, that's not very nice. As it happens, 'Alamosaurus' was
> very large indeed, even for a sauropod. I would go so far as to say
> 'Alamosaurus' may have been the biggest North American sauropod ever
> (my claim from SVP2004), certainly it gave all the morrison
> sauropods a run for their money.

That is news!

I searched for "Fowler" in the SVP 2004 abstracts PDF, but I couldn't
find the abstract for your talk.  Is it available?

)_v__/\  "There is an element of truth in any idea that lasts long enough
         to be called corny" -- Irving Berlin.