RE: taxonomy is not stratigraphy (was Re: JVP 25(2): New Dinos, Birds, Discoveries)

> Niall Mateer 1976. New topotypes of Alamosaurus
> sanjuanensis Gilmore
> (Reptilia: Sauropoda). Bulletin of the Geological
> Intitutions of the
> University of Uppsala. NS 6:93-95. Described a
> partial ilium and sacrum
> collected by C Sternberg "from the same locality as
> Gilmore's type
> specimen..."

Thanks for that Ken.

BTW Sorry if I don't include alot of refs for various
statements: it's because I only have limited files
here on my work PC, and these don't include my
alamosaurus refs.

having visited the type locality I can safely say
there isn't much left to find! well... not immediately
obvious on the surface anyway. God alone knows how
long natural erosion would take to expose a skelton
completely.

Denver.

http://dino.lm.com/artists/display.php?name=Kcarpenter

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com