Re: Dinosaurs Breathed Like Birds

This is so often stated that it was Bakker who
introduced, or reintroduced, the concept that
Dinosaurs were not sluggish, slow, dim-witted,
lumbering beasts but were actually active and social.
He may have brought this mode of thinking to a wider
audience but who here ever actually thought of
dinosaurs as slow and sluggish creatures? I probably
read such things in my early dinosaur books too (slow
and stupid) but I never considered them to be anything
less than full on action oritented creatures. Did
anyone ever pit their Marx T-Rex and Brontosaurus in a
slow motion battle? Where the only reason Brontosaurus
lost was because he started eating bolders and sand
because he was so dumb? Was there ever movies made
where the dinosaurs meandered slowly and unmenacingly
accross the screen? No matter how many times we were
told about how dumb the Stegosaurus was because of its
walnut brain did we every start really thinking it was
a the chowder head of the Jurassic? I tend to think
not.

I take nothing away from Bakker, Well, with the
exception of suggesting the worst name in Dinosaur
Nomenclature; Ut@hRaptor.

Andrew Simpson