Re: Dinosaurs Breathed Like Birds

I like the hard to pronounce names like
Opusthocoelicaudia as long as the mean something.
(posterior cavity tail referring to it's bizarre rigid
tail) I think dinosaur names should mean something and
generally not just a place name. What does Diplodocus
mean? Double Beam. What does Ut@hraptor mean?
Plunderer of Utah. Hey, it's never been to Utah let
alone plundered it.

I don't mind so much what's his name calling his find
DRINKER (he is, like all paleontologists, an alcho...
kidding)  I am somewhat understanding of countries and
occasionally provinces having dinosaurs named after
them, how many ways can you describe a Sauropod.
Bigosaurus? And I understand the Chinese animals being
named for local rivers we would have most likely never
heard of, but I do mind those people who named their
two dino finds after their kids. That's just rude. The
2nd part of the name can and should be whatever you
want it to be. Tarbosaurs Toby or Stegosaurus Betty,
though silly shounding, to me is fine.

First part should be some kind of description of the
animal the second part can be named after your cat or
goldfish.

Who agrees?

Andrew

ps. I couldn't find what Futalongkosauri means.