Re: John Ostrom

In a message dated 7/16/2005 2:10:27 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
brushes2@juno.com writes:
<< I'm saddened to report that  early this morning (16 July 2005), Professor
John Ostrom passed away from the  complications of Alzheimer Disease.

A loss of a wonderful friend, a fine  mind, and a great scholar.>>
A great scholar indeed.  This was the man responsible for setting in motion
the new vision of the history  of life on our planet. I'm sorry to hear this.
He was a giant. DV