Re: John Ostrom

I'm sad to hear of John Ostrom's passing. One of the special joys of science
writing is getting to know people like John, giants of the field who gladly
share their expertise. By the time I met him, he was the grand old man of the
field. I jumped at the chance to drive him from Boston to Connecticut to talk
about the "dream team's" trip to China to look at Sinosauropteryx, and recall
his delight in the feathered dinosaurs, fossils that he had never thought he
would live to see. His work is a major reason so many of us are excited about
dinosaurs.
--
Jeff Hecht, science & technology writer
jeff@jeffhecht.com