Re: Dinosaurs Breathed Like Birds

> This is all assuming, of course, that the new find
> warrants generic status. Though, I suppose if it
> doesn't, then the differences are probably not large
> enough to warrant mentioning in the name anyway.
>
> I do agree though; descriptive names are far better
> than names that just honour some person, or explain
> where the critter came from.
>
> The occasional humourous name can be fun too (e.g.
> _Ninjemys_ and the former _Montypythonoides_). The
> important thing in those cases, is to make sure the
> humourous names remain occasional.
>
> Jason

That's all I'm really saying. Descriptive names are
better for everyone and keep the place names, people
names and funny names to a minimum.

Ninjemys? Is this named after Cathy Ninjemy the
comedian? Otherwise I don't get it.

I am fighting the desire to ask if the reason that
Montypythonoides is dubious is because all they found
was its knee. (ni)

Andrew