Snake's knees (was Re: Dinosaurs Breathed Like Birds)

Andrew Simpson wrote:

Ninjemys? Is this named after Cathy Ninjemy the comedian? Otherwise I don't get it.

No, it means "Ninja turtle".

I am fighting the desire to ask if the reason that Montypythonoides is dubious is because all they found was its knee. (ni)

_Montypythonoides riversleighensis_ was synonymized with the extant python genus _Morelia_, so it is no longer considered a valid genus. Hopefully this will set your mind at ease.

(Of course, if someone did discover the knee of a snake, it might indeed be an important discovery!)

Cheers

Tim