Re: Dinosaurs Breathed Like Birds

--- Andrew Simpson <deathspresso@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ninjemys? Is this named after Cathy Ninjemy the
> comedian? Otherwise I don't get it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As HP Tim Williams already pointed out, the name
_Ninjemys oweni_ literally translates to: "Owen's
Ninja Turtle." Considering the build of this
meiolaniid, the name seems rather apt. Though a name
describing a tank, or a medievil knight, might be more
fitting. But then one would lose the pop culture
reference.

> I am fighting the desire to ask if the reason that
> Montypythonoides is dubious is because all they
> found
> was its knee. (ni)

Heh, afraid not. It was sunk into _Morelia_. If it's
any consolation, though, these "carpet pythons" are
known to hang out around "shrubbery." :)

Jason