Re: Re: Re: Dinosaurs Breathed Like Birds

> Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:11:04 +0200 (MEST)
> From: David Marjanovic <david.marjanovic@gmx.at>
>
>>> I'm sure this is a typo. I've seen the spelling *Futalongkosaurus*.
>>
>> Not according to the "Projecto Dino" web-site's page,
>>      http://www.proyectodino.com.ar/Dinos/Futalognkosaurus.html
>> which includes an etymology section indicating the meanings of "Futa"
>> and "Lognko".
>
> At least it's called "Big Boss Lizard". That's more than fair
> compensation.  :-)

I would like to believe that this is the real reason for its name; but
the existence of "the Futalognko Paleontological site, placed 95 km
northwest of Neuquén city" makes me suspicious that this etymology was
retrofitted, and the real derivation is just "lizard from Futalognko"
:-P

(See the bibliography at
http://www.proyectodino.com.ar/Publicaciones.html
)

)_v__/\  Justice for the 96.  It's been too long.