Re: MEASUREMENT

2005/7/19, Jura <pristichampsus@yahoo.com>:
> The newest issue of JVP has a paper by Farlow et al
> that estimates body size based off of femur size.
>
> As far as I know, this only works for crocodylians
> (and then, only for "classic" bauplan crocodylians).
>
> Jason

I have copy of a paper (somewhat old) that uses femur lenght (and
other parameters) to estimate the body size of mammals and dinosaurs.
If nobody do untill there, in the week-end I could look for it.

Does anybody read in chinese?

http://www.dinosaur.net.cn/museum/Gongxianosaurus.htm

Here a translation of the original paper.

http://ravenel.si.edu/paleo/paleoglot/files/He&_98.pdf

There is a illustration of a partial articulated hindlimb. The femur
seems to be roughly 1-m long.

[]s,

Roberto Takata