The rape of Falcarius

I hope that folks have been following the four-part story in the Salt Lake Tribune:
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_2866024
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_2867260
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_2869729
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_2872027

..chronicling the discovery, associated trenches, covert sales, intrigue, and jail time linked to the Falcarius bone bed. Note that in the second article this type of person is not called an amateur fossil collector but a fossil thief. He knew what he was doing was wrong but didn't know why? Um, instead of being self taught, maybe he should have taken some paleontology classes or volunteered at a museum? Just the fact that he had to do his digging at night under a tarp may have given him insight into right and wrong. I cringed at the hole that is shown in the first article--smash and grab paleo style.

Mary