RE: Mupasaurus

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Steve Kary
>
> Has anyone heard of this theropod from Argentina, circa late cretaceous? I
> got a tip from a doctorial student in Argentina that this animal very
> clearly settles any kind of debate over largest terrestrial land predator.
> To sum up what she told me, it's bigger than Charcharodontosaurus,
> Tyrannosaurus and Giganotosaurus and by enough to make it clear. Apparently
> the paper is forthcoming but I'm just hoping that someone knows more!

Er, um...

Knowing the paper is forthcoming, one might do the APPROPRIATE thing and WAIT
FOR IT!!!

Ahem.

Patience, people.

Besides, a certain North African taxon seems to have been left out of your
comparison, and might have some bearing on this
question... :-)

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
        Mailing Address: