RE: Coelurid myths and metacarpals

No one has replied on line that I can see, so here goes:

The skull in hand is actually that of Ornitholestes. The hand is there
for scale.

There is a typo regarding the missing metacarpals. It should  be that
metacarpals I and III are missing, metacarpal II is present. The hand of
"Ornitholestes" (now that of Tanycolagreus) was originally thought to be
didactyl (two fingered), but a sliver of the third metacarpal is present
(which is what Galls et all were referring to).

Ken

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D.
Curator of Lower Vertebrate Paleontology
and Chief Preparator
Department of Earth Sciences
Denver Museum of Nature & Science
2001 Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80205 USA

Ken.Carpenter@DMNS.org
ph: 303-370-6392/ or 6403
fx: 303-331-6492

for PDFs of my reprints, info about the Cedar Mtn. Project, etc. see:
for fun, see also:
http://dino.lm.com/artists/display.php?name=Kcarpenter