Re: Chinese fossil finds

Probably if we could establish a joint venture studies here in Brazil,
we could came up with wonderful discoveries too.

In the south there is the Santa Maria Formation which could shed light
on the origin and early radiation of dinosaurian lineages:
Saurischia/Ornithischia split; Theropoda/Sauropodomorpha split and so
on. (Well, Bonaparte, Salgado, Coria, and others are doing a great
work in Argentina anyway.) I'll be suspicious about Chinese
discoveries only if those question was illuminated there. (Well, okay,
there was the /Archaeoraptor/ fake... but others fossils seems to be
real. All in all, every palaeontological branch must have its own
"Piltdown case".)

In the Araripe there is a great potencial Cretaceous pterosaurs
diversity to be found.

In the midway there are some Jurassic deposits scattered. I guess that
a very different dinosaurian fauna remains to be discovered here:
abelisaurid and charcharodontosaurid diversity, titanosaurid diversity
and evolution.

Too many works to do, so few researchers (and fundings too - Brazil is
not much famous by investment in science, let alone palaeontology).

[]s,

Roberto Takata