Re: Ostrom Obituary in the New York Times

In a message dated 7/21/2005 1:00:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,  edels@msn.com
writes:
<< At that time, ANSP was the only place that
had a _Deinonychus_ sculpture on display, and the only place with a
permanent mount of the skeleton(s).  [At the DinoFest (1998) in Phila.,  they
had 3 (or was it 5) _Deinonychus_ skeletons on display].  I  believe the
Peabody exhibit was created in 2000 or 2001. >>

Czerkas' model at the California Academy of Sciences  goes back before that
(ain't that right, Ralph?). The AMNH had a Deinonychus  skeleton in the mid
1990's. The Yale mount was done around then, but I don't  know when exactly it
was put on exhibit. But Philly does have great  cheesesteaks... DV