From: Danvarner@aol.com
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
CC: edels@msn.com
Subject: Re: Ostrom Obituary in the New York Times
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:40:00 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 7/21/2005 1:00:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, edels@msn.com
writes:
<< At that time, ANSP was the only place that
had a _Deinonychus_ sculpture on display, and the only place with a
permanent mount of the skeleton(s). [At the DinoFest (1998) in Phila., they
had 3 (or was it 5) _Deinonychus_ skeletons on display]. I believe the
Peabody exhibit was created in 2000 or 2001. >>

Czerkas' model at the California Academy of Sciences goes back before that
(ain't that right, Ralph?). The AMNH had a Deinonychus skeleton in the mid
1990's. The Yale mount was done around then, but I don't know when exactly it
was put on exhibit. But Philly does have great cheesesteaks... DV