From: Allan Edels <edels@msn.com>
To: Danvarner@aol.com; dinosaur@usc.edu
Sent: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:59:58 -0400
Subject: RE: Ostrom Obituary in the New York Times

Dan:

As you know, the photo was taken in front of the Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia (ANSP). At that time, ANSP was the only place that had a _Deinonychus_ sculpture on display, and the only place with a permanent mount of the skeleton(s). [At the DinoFest (1998) in Phila., they had 3 (or was it 5) _Deinonychus_ skeletons on display]. I believe the Peabody exhibit was created in 2000 or 2001.

Allan Edels