Re: where do proterochampsids belong?

D. Marjanovic wrote in response to an earlier posting:
http://dml.cmnh.org/2005Jul/msg00394.html

So we have here two almost identical phylogenetic hypotheses. Two decide,
I'd look for an analysis that includes animals like *Turfanosuchus* and
*Yonghesuchus*. Therefore, for the time being, I'd go with what I wrote
about the *Yonghesuchus* paper, with the caveat that that paper mentions
only a few characters and doesn't include an analysis.

Unfortunately, as noted earlier, some sister taxa appear as such by default. At
present there are more parsimonious sister taxa out there. The flat heads just
need to be invited to the dance.

No caveats necessary.

David Peters
St. Louis