New book on the Italian vertebrate fossils

The volume

AA VV., Paleontologia dei Vertebrati in Italia, BONFIGLIO L. (ed.), Memorie
del Museo Civico di Storia Naturale di Verona, serie 2, Sez. Scienze della
Terra, 6, pp. 238, Verona

has been finally printed and is now available at the Museo Civico di Storia
Naturale (Natural History Museum) of Verona (Italy).

It is a book dedicated to the vertebrate fossils of Italy from Paleozoic to
Holocene, thus with parts dedicated also to dinosaurs (Skippy, Antonio,
etc.) and other Mesozoic reptiles. There are dozens of colour photos;
although the text is in Italian, each chapter has and English abstract and
all captions are also in English.

I collaborated to the Paleozoic and Mesozoic chapters, as also did the
other listmember Silvio Renesto, and I curated the section dedicated to the
Marine Cretaceous (!).
As a section curator I was told that the book is available for free at the
Museum of Verona (i.e., there is no cover price) because printing was
granted by a no-profit fundation. I do not know if this remained actual and
I suggest you to ask for info the Museum:

Museo Civico di Storia Naturale di Verona
L.ge Porta Vittoria, 9
37129 VERONA
Italy

or try to contact (not an easy task) the Curator for the
Geological-Paleontological Section, Roberto ZORZIN:
roberto_zorzin@comune.verona.it

or the Director: alessandra_aspes@comune.verona.it

Enjoy it!

Fabio M. Dalla Vecchia