Re: Ostrom obituary in the Independant

http://news.independent.co.uk/people/obituaries/article300493.ece

> Text by Jeff Hecht
>
>               Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
>               Vertebrate Paleontologist
> Department of Geology         Director, Earth, Life & Time
> Program
> University of Maryland                College Park Scholars
>       Mailing Address:
>               Building 237, Room 1117
>               College Park, MD  20742
>
> http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/
> http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite
> Phone:        301-405-4084    Email:  tholtz@geol.umd.edu
> Fax (Geol):  301-314-9661     Fax (CPS-ELT):
> 301-405-0796

Oh my goodness...I didn't expect to be mentioned!  I
had to reread that paragraph about ten times to make
sure I wasn't seeing things.  What a nice article.  It
is certainly an honor to be mentioned as a small part
of Dr. Ostrom's vast legacy, thank you very much Mr.
Hecht, and to Dr. Holtz for posting the link.  Dr.
Ostrom really was an inspiration for so many people.
Today at the footprint site (silly as it sounds) it
really felt like he was there in spirit.  An amazing
scientist and gentleman...he'll truly be missed.

Taormina Lepore

---

University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Undergraduate (Biology)