Re: Lenght of an "average" dinosaur? 6.7 m

> Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:44:53 +0200 (CEST)
> From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?Vladim=EDr=20=20Socha?= <Seismosaurus@seznam.cz>
>
> in the JP novel, Grant once stated something like "despite the
> majority of people imagine dinosaurs as a giants, an average
> dinosaur was about a size of a cow" (not exact quote). I was
> wondering, how much this is true.

Depends what you're counting.  If you sum the masses of all
_individuals_ and divide by the count, I imagine you'd get something
much _smaller_ than a cow, because small animals are always much more
numerous than large.  If you're summing a single representative
individual of each genus, then cow-sized (500kg?) would be way too
small.

)_v__/\  "A strange bloke, irritated by everyone I think" -- Gary Lineker
         speaking of Alex Ferguson.