Re: Lenght of an "average" dinosaur? 6.7 m

in the JP novel, Grant once stated something like "despite the majority of people imagine dinosaurs as a giants, an average dinosaur was about a size of a cow" (not exact quote). I was
wondering, how much this is true.

You have a pretty big spread here, with everything from hummingbirds to sauropods thrown into the mix. I can't say what the average would be, but the standard deviation would be incredible! Then again, I don't know if Dr Grant was counting avian theropods.

Cheers

Tim