RE: fossil birds website

Ian Paulsen wrote-

 I found this website, via a google search and was wondering how accurate
it is: http://www.dinosauria.com/dml/names/aves.htm

It depends on the taxon. Most of the newer taxa have pretty good information there, but some others don't. Also, the information provided for newer taxa is usually based on the describers' opinions, which sometimes isn't the consensus view. Information for older taxa is usually sparse, or based on a particular study (like how Archaeopteryx's centers on its nomenclature). And it hasn't been updated since 2002, so it's a bit out of date. But it's not like there's a better resource online yet. My bird section's certainly not complete, for instance.

Mickey Mortimer