Re: More on the Massospondylus embryos

On 29 Jul 2005, at 03:24, Jeff Hecht wrote:

As a point of clarification, the illustrations used by New Scientist were supplied to the press by the University of Toronto scientists who did the research. It's very rare for the press to generate their own artwork. These usually are not published in scholarly journals, and in practice may be generated by artists hired by the university's press office. -- Jeff Hecht

What nags me is that even if the illustration looks fanciful it seems to represent what the article is saying... that the hatchlings would be 'crawlers' and then become bipeds as adults. That is pretty novel to me.
Could it be that the writer of the article was following the illustration given or is it a new theory backed by Robert Reisz as the article seems to imply?

Luis V. Rey