Missing bird family

I have an old-ish book on birds at home ('The World of Birds: A
comprehensive guide to general ornithology' from 1961 by Austine & Peterson,
from memory) that includes a list of bird families recognised at the time.
One of these is the extinct family Paranyrocidae, containing the single
genus _Paranyroca_, listed in Anseriformes. I can't recall seeing this
family mentioned in any later works. Does anyone know what became of it?
Austin noted that some researchers had suggested it might belong within
Anatidae, and I'm guessing that is what happened, but if so does anyone have
an actual reference for this?

    Cheers,

        Christopher Taylor